Town Office       826-2050       
Please get your Permits 

Building Permit Information

Please come into the Town Office to obtain a copy of the Building Codes Ordinance, applications for all building, electrical & plumbing permits and to pay applicable fees.

A Building Permit is required before beginning the construction, alteration, addition or the replacement of a Building or part thereof when the proposed work is “100 square feet or more”. The Landowner or Lessee, architect, contractor or builder employed by such owner or lessee shall obtain a Permit covering such proposed work unless otherwise excepted by the Town of Greenbush Building Ordinance.

Building Permit Fees: $20.00 fee for structures up to 600 square feet. $30.00 fee for structures over 600 square feet. Square footage shall be calculated by the foot print (outside dimensions) of the structure without regards to basement or second floor.

External (septic system) and internal Plumbing permits are required prior to the construction of any new dwelling. Electrical permits ($10 fee) are also required prior to the construction of any new dwelling. ).

After the necessary Plumbing/Electrical Permits have been obtained, call the C.E.O. for a Site visit to your property. Lot line(s) and road set back distances will be obtained at this time by the C.E.O.

Additional special permits are required in the Flood Zones and in the Shoreland Zone areas of Town. Please contact the C.E.O. for this information.

A driveway culvert may be required at your Building Site. Check with the C.E.O. for culvert information.

Modular/Double Wide/Mobile Home
Step 1 …………… Check with C.E.O. Other permits may not be required.
Purchased New Modular/Double Wide/Mobile Home from a Dealer:

Step 1: Call C.E.O. for site visit to property. Bring copy of Sales Purchase Contract from Dealer. Complete application &applicable Plumbing Permits & Building Permit will be issued at this time.

Purchased Used Mobile Home from Private Individual in another community:
Step 1: Call C.E.O. for site visit to property. Must have a copy from Town Office that Mobile Home was purchased, a Property Tax Release Form that all Taxes due have been paid & no liens are on the mobile home. Complete Building Permit application and applicable Plumbing/Building Permit will be issued at Time of site visit.

All other construction – Sheds, Garages, Decks, Etc.